About Digital Honey
Welcome to Digital Honey!
I started this blog to express some of my thoughts about financial matters and to explore the world of digital finance.
I believe that we should share our wealth, and give more to charity. You can read more about my philosophy here. Unlike other personal finance blogs, I have some really fun things in the works. This does or will include:
I’m especially excited about #2 – I’ll be doing some wacky stuff!
My name is Garit Boothe, and I’m a full-time SEO and content marketing freelancer. My wife and I have two little kids, and we live in the Salt Lake City area in Utah.
My business caters to FinTech (financial technology) companies. I’ve been full-time freelancing since August 2020. Before that, I worked for a local FinTech in the credit niche and had a variety of jobs at both marketing agencies and as an inhouse marketer.
My goal is to build enough passive income to live off of, travel with my family, live in different places, and have a very enjoyable work and personal life.
Who doesn’t want that, right?
There are a lot of people in the FIRE (financial independence/retire early) movement, which I love. But very few of them have children. I want to prove to others that it is possible to do it with children, and hopefully provide a path for them to follow.
What’s more, I’ve had a lot of ups and downs as an adult. My 20s went like this:
- Dropped out of college
- Worked low-paying, crappy jobs for years. These included pizza delivery driving (my favorite), commissioned sales (miserable work), and as a bank teller (was bored to tears)
- Job-hopped and apartment-hopped for years
- Did a lot of weird side gigs too, like flipping furniture and political canvassing
- Made stupid, impetuous choices
- After my wife gave birth to our first child, I chose to become more responsible
- Got better-paying jobs after that, but the corporate world sucked my soul
- Am now in the entrepreneurial hustle, after having failed at several businesses before
Has any of this happened in your life too?
If you answered yes, that’s great. It means that we’re both humans.
It doesn’t matter where you’ve been. It matters where you are and where you’re going.
I’ve learned a lot in the process, and hope to share it with you.
To our shared journey.
-Garit L Boothe